I will update this properly later (writing 5 other blogs has taken its toll on me, so, for now, copying & pasting some key parts – the beginning and end – to all of my COVID blogs) and dropping a few quick links.
Note: The beginning of this is copied and pasted from all of my other COVID blogs, because it is simply too much for me to have to try to change simply for the sake of making each blog different; I’m not trying to impress people but help them, so I’m not worry about all of that. Accordingly, feel free to just skip past this part if you’ve already seen it before.
If you are seeing this in passing, please be sure to bookmark or copy and paste this link to a note on your phone: https://www.smitashares.com/covidhairloss/
Just like my other blogs, this, too, is purely anecdotal based on my own experience with COVID and that of others. Please consult with your physician before doing ANYTHING as it relates to any aspect of your health and especially your care as it relates to COVID. Also, as I did in my previous COVID-related blogs (& will be repeated in every blog as it relates to this topic), I am also going to ask in advance that – if you derive any benefit/value from this info – that you please consider making a donation (any amount helps) towards my fundraising efforts in this GoFundMe; it was no small thing to feel how I have been feeling and put all of this together (6 different blogs), and, more than anything else, I am sharing personal health information (& that, too, as a South Asian where the crux of our existence is “what will other people think”) that most would never share in a public manner for the benefit of others.
& I am sharing because – had my only communication been with the healthcare practitioner from the private testing center who called to inform me that I tested positive – the only information I would have received would have been, “take Tylenol for a fever” and nothing else (including no mention of the possible aftermath of COVID known as #longcovid or #longhaulers), and that experience was COMMON. I did a survey in one of the groups I am in and 80+% of people said they were not told to do one of the (or at least so I believe) most important things when diagnosed with COVID.
Thankfully, that was not my experience as it relates to #acuteCOVID, and I spoke to at least 6 different healthcare practitioners who all offered advice for our care (I gave COVID to my mom; full story in this #videoshare). However, I had NO IDEA that so many people experience an entire slew of long-term effects following their acute/active COVID experience until about 2 weeks after I thought I was done with COVID, the aftermath badness hit me like a freight train which resulted in me ending up on Le Google and, for the first time, even learning about “Long COVID/Long Haulers.”
On that note, let us dive right in!
*End copy & paste*
The premise of this blog is confronting the idea of dying (without it becoming an all-consuming or depressing thing, but just coming to terms with REALITY) and doing the bare minimum to both prepare loved ones in case you die and also have your last wishes and such be honored.
I personally made a super ghetto “Woops, I died” folder and put it into a sealed enveloped that was literally marked WOOPS I DIED and told my brother and best friend where it was and what it included (passwords, account info, recurring billing info, insurance policy info, credit card info, people to invite to my funeral, last wishes, etc.)
There are other people far more clever than me who came up with the following:
Will share more later, but, for now, copying & pasting what I shared at the end of every COVID blog:
A REQUEST: If you have derived any benefit from the above, I am kindly asking you to please consider making a small donation to my fundraising efforts here (I am recovering financially from being a domestic violence survivor in a brief 3-month dating relationship in which I was held hostage and suffocated and then spent $60,000 in the legal battle and aftermath while also being laid off 5 times in 3 years). Again, as a “cosmic/energetic/spirtual/good karma” thank you for me taking the time/making the effort to do the #videoshare and all of these blogs which – while I am still recovering from COVID – took everything out of me to do. Any amount – no matter how small – helps and you can donate to the GoFundMe directly or, in order for me to avoid paying fees, via Paypal (pay as friend to paypal.me/smitamoon), Venmo (@SmitaC), Cash app ($smitamoon), or Facebook.
A few final things:
- If you are not the kind of person to doom scroll or obsess but want to see the experiences of those who are newly diagnosed or living through #longcovid/#longhaulers, then check out the following Facebook groups (sharing in order of my favorites): Coronavirus Experience and Recovery, Survivor Corps, Long Hauler Advocacy Project
- I will be hosting wellness webinar with my dad (who stayed in close proximity with us both just prior to our being symptomatic and testing positive but did not get COVID). Note: We will be sharing everything he did – including things not in my blogs – at length, but we are not suggesting that these things were the absolute reasons he did not get COVID. How he lives his life is actually great for one’s overall health and wellness (he made a massive permanent & consistent lifestyle change – that included losing 20 lbs – following a brain aneurysm he had back in 1998). If you are interested in taking part in these, please just message me on Facebook starting your message with #DaddyMoonWellness; there will be a suggested donation (all funds going towards my personal fundraising efforts) for these webinars but anyone who is not able to afford making a donation can absolutely attend for free. You can also email at daddymoonwellness(at)gmail[dot]com
- If you feel you need support/accountability (like someone to make sure you are doing all the things you have decided you need to be doing/checking in on you), please also message me on Facebook starting your message with #CovidCareCoach. Note: this is something that I will be charging a nominal amount for (as a commitment to myself of honoring my time as having value). You can also email me at covidcarecoach[at]gmail[dot]com.
- In addition to making a donation if you are able, please kindly consider sharing my #videoshare on Facebook or these blogs for the benefit of others. The more people we spare from getting COVID or suffering the worst should they get it/after getting it, the better it is for all of us, because – as I truly believe – “what happens to one of us happens to all of us.”
Thanks for taking the time to read and be and stay well,
Check out some of my other Favorite Things!
* Disclosure: Smita Shares is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties. Amazon, in turn, offers a small commission on products sold through their affiliate links. Each of your purchases via our Amazon affiliation links supports my being able to share the things I love (& genuinely personally use and recommend to friends and family) at no additional cost to you.
What about sponsored content?
I do not write sponsored posts. I want to bring you real, unbiased information. However, if a post is sponsored by a company, I will disclose this clearly in the beginning of the post.
As for my social media pages where I use Amazon & other affiliate links for product recommendations, I will include a link to this post, or put “(affiliate link)”, or #ad in the post.
Comments are closed.